WE DO BUY:
- Aluminum (old sheet, heavy irony, mlc, rims, etc.)
- Aluminum cans
- Batteries (car and small)
- Brass (dirty and cleaned, yellow and red)
- Condensers (clean and dirty, aluminum and copper)
- Copper (stripped and coated)
- Converters (guts)
- Electric motors
- Junk Cars
- Radiators (cleaned and uncleaned)
- Steel (stainless, prepared and unprepared)
- White goods
We even buy your E-scrap: Cellular Phones, Computer scrap, boards (cleaned and uncleaned), and Remote Controls.
WE DO NOT BUY:
- Manhole Covers
- Fiberglass Boats
- TV's (We do purchase TV Yokes)
- CRT (Tube Style) Monitors
- Railroad Ties
- Storm drainage grates of any kind
***Propane Tanks can only be purchased if the valves are cut off. Kegs and oxygen tanks can only be purchased if the tanks are cut in half.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SCRAPPING METAL FOR INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESS OWNERS
DO I NEED A PERMIT TO SCRAP?
You must have a current metal permit to be able to scrap non-ferrious metals. No permit is needed for ferrious metals, computers, or junk cars.
WHERE CAN I GET A PERMIT?
Metal permits are given at the sheriffs office in which you live.
HOW MUCH IS A METAL PERMIT?
They are free to get and last 2-4 years depending on the county.
DO BUSINESS OWNERS NEED A PERMIT?
If you are a business/regular contractor, you do not need to have a metal permit to scrap your metal (except a/c unit), just bring in a copy of the current business license.
What about SCRAPPING A/C units?
AC units: In order to scrap an outside complete a/c unit (not a window unit), you MUST have a reciept with YOUR name and address showing where you had a new unit installed and a current metals permit. This is a State Law.
***If you hold an HVAC business license, you don't need a receipt for the ac unit nor a metal permit.
B&D Metal Recycling offers container services at no additional charge to local businesses for unwanted metal.
We pay you for the market price of materials minus a freight/fuel charge.
You must have a current business license to take advantage of our container services.
- 10 Yard Container 11' x 8' x 4'
- 15 Yard Container 22' x 8' x 2'
- 20 Yard Container 22' x 8' x 6'
- 30 Yard Container 22' x 8' x 6'
- 40 Yard Container 24' x 8' x 8'